OLOL Online Giving Set-up Tips
Enrolling in online giving is safe, secure and convenient. Parishioners can enroll at any time, and you can change or stop online giving at any time.
To get started simply click on the link on the main Online Giving page and follow the directions. The following are some helpful hints and tips to assist you with the best way to set-up your online giving funds for our parish.
- Please note that you can make changes, additions, or cancelations at any time.
- OSV calls collections funds. If they refer to fund or funds they are referring to what we know as collections.
- Contributions can be made by a bank account or credit card. You have the ability to set the frequency of the payments and the dates (see further information below regarding this); contributions can be one-time only, or recurring.
- All the collections throughout the year are available for you to select to donate. And you must enter contribution information into every fund that you would like to contribute. There are descriptions for each fund you can contribute. For special collections that are in memory of a loved one, like the holiday flower collections, there is a place for notes that you can use to write in the names you wish to have honored. You can either go in one time and make your contribution decisions for the year, or you can go in at any other time interval, i.e. monthly, and select the “2nd” collections on a month to month basis. It’s up to you!
- With the exception of the weekly, monthly, and parish maintenance collections, all the other collections will have a specific end date which means that no contributions can be made to that collection past the end date. It also means that at the beginning of every year, you will need to add your contributions to those collections, if you wish to contribute. The weekly, monthly, and parish maintenance collections are open-ended so once you set them up, you can basically “set it and forget it”!
- Suggested payment frequencies and payment dates (which will most often be Thursdays or Fridays unless otherwise indicated):
- Weekly offertory: recurring; weekly
- Monthly collection: recurring; monthly
- Parish maintenance*: recurring; quarterly (even though there are 6 collections during the year) or you can do a one time payment at the time of each collection.
- Archdiocesan collections/Holiday collections/Flower collections/Holy Day collections etc.: one time payments; date the collection is taken at church (date on the envelopes). Reminder that these are the collections that you will need to go in and update each new year.
- A list of the 2021 collections and dates is available on a separate website page under the main online giving page.
- Help is only a phone call (to the office) away!