Anyone who is asked to be a Sponsor for someone when they receive the sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation will normally be asked to give a " sponsorship certificate" to the parish in which the sacrament will be received. A sponsorship certificate is a statement that a Catholic signs which states that he/she:
- Has received the sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation.
- Attends Mass and receives Eucharist regularly.
- Is a registered member of Our Lady of Loreto Church.
- Is at least 16 years old.
- Is not the parent of the person being baptized or confirmed.
- Lives a life in harmony with his/her Catholic faith.